European Council on International Relations is one of the oldest institutes in Europe specialized in the field of international relations.
It is our wish to acquaint the users of our services, our partners in the European Union and abroad with the scientific, research, cultural and publishing activities of European Council on International Relations.
Since it was established in 1997 (it was founded as a private organization by the decision of officials from European Union and non-EU members countries ), European Council on International Relations , has had a special place in the political, ,foreign policy cultural and academic life of European Union .
From a small group of diplomats, politicians, researchers who laid foundations of the European Union diplomatic service, science of international relations, the European Council on International Relations has gradually turned into the largest diplomatic and scientific institution of this kind in European Union and one of the most reputable research centers in the world. Up to the present day diplomatic activities and research in the fields of political, economic and law sciences have been in the core of its activities.
Providing diplomatic missions, cultural diplomacy, economic connections and research and documentation basis for defining the European Union foreign policy priorities, for many years the European Council on International Relations has assisted the authorized bodies of members states and of the European Union in creating and formulating the strategic directions in establishing and developing foreign political and economic relations for European Union. In its long diplomatic practice the European Council on International Relations has established close co-operation and a working partnership with the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of European Union’s member and associated countries. It has recruited a large number of diplomats and officials for the diplomatic services and provided some other significant services that deal with European Union international relations.
The European Council on International Relations has a rich research tradition, very fruitful scientific and publishing activities, including official documentations of the UN, EU, NATO and some other significant international organizations.
The European Council on International Relations has developed different forms of international co-operation with over 100 research, university and specialized institutions and organizations in the world. So far, it has organized over 200 European Union and international conferences.
Many prominent European Union domestic and foreign professors, researchers, statesmen, political figures, diplomats and journalists have delivered lectures or participated in other forms of the European Council on International Relations activities.
After 2008, the diplomatic and economic diplomacy work has been intensified and several research, publishing and information and documentation projects have started. As a result of these efforts, a large number of studies, monographs, analyses and expertise’s have been completed.
Additional efforts have been made to raise the quality of diplomatic works in accordance with the scientific standards and research reputation the European Council on International Relations enjoys in the European Union members countries and abroad.
In this way, the European Council on International Relations contribution could be optimally used in conducting the foreign policy and foreign economic affairs of European Union.
MISSION OF EUROPEAN COUNCIL ON INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
In achieving his goals E.U.C.I.R. is using a variety of elements and actions such as:
- Cooperation, policy advisor missions, awareness campaign, publicity campaign in important issues on Europe foreign policy agenda.
- Promotion of direct democracy as the best tool for creating a true democratic environment in European Union , in all the European countries and to support direct democracy establishment as the democracy of the XXI century in all the countries interested in embracing democracy as a form of government.
- Promoting democracy, civic society building, free market and social responsible economy and establishing Copenhagen Declaration as key principles for definition of a free country.
- Monitoring electoral processes in the world, in order to encourage electoral process as a form of democracy and to establish a cooperation of democracy and to set a standard for electoral process in the connection with general observed principles and in conformity with the situation and traditions of each country.
- Establishing a network of European policy maker, key policy actors, NGO`s, political parties, personalities, etc. determined to actively get involved in shaping an European foreign policy and involved in creating new opportunities for Europe.
- Creating a civic action in favor of a European common, feasible, coherent foreign policy as an important part of building a European Union of free and strong nations with a recognizable voice on international arena.
- Creating a dynamic dialog at the European Union level between all the non-governmental actors interested in creating a coherent European policy.
- Creating a special organism destined to offer solutions in real time, with professional means, at the important political issues on Europe agenda offering thus support for a more dynamic and professional approach to foreign policy issues.
- Creating European fact-finding missions to area of special interest on European Union issues, creating Europe delegation for offering facts, evaluations, reports to bust the European relations and dialog with countries important for Europe future development.
- Organizing international conference with the aim of creating data resources, busting individual and transnational cooperation, offering consultancy on foreign policy topics.
- Supporting and promoting the necessity of cooperation in international relation field between Europe and the five major geopolitical areas crucial for Europe development in the future.
- EUCIR is determined to change the fundamentals of Europe Foreign Policy bringing inside the process of shaping this policy and important non-European actors that could draw attention to important aspects of forging new relation between Europe and major geopolitical areas.
- Establishing partnerships with governmental and non-governmental organization from European Union, European countries and other countries interested in cooperating with a new European voice in foreign policy.
- Publishing of books, articles, studies, materials destined to build a new relation between Europe and important areas such: Europe- Mediterranean region, Europe- Middle East, Europe- Asia, Europe- Africa, and Europe- Latin America. We at E.U.C.I.R. regard these areas as critical for a new Europe destiny.